PDA

View Full Version : Old Patches and Eisenhower Jackets

BeagleOne
07-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Does anyone know if there is anywhere on the grounds to buy patches from previous airshows? They used to be sold in the Sky Shoppe, but they stopped selling them there a couple of years ago, and I haven't found them anywhere except eBay since then. There were a lot of patches available at the Sky Shoppe that last year, from as far back as 1972, and I bought several the last day of the airshow, so unless they were thrown out, I wonder why EAA doesn't sell them now.

Also, does anyone know if there are any plans to bring back the Eisenhower windbreakers? I'd love to buy one.

Adam Smith
07-26-2011, 11:21 PM
There were lots of patches back to the 70s in the Museum surplus artifact store, price 99c each, when I was there earlier in the week.EAA did bring back the classic eisenhower jacket a few years ago, dont know if they're still available.

spongebobiwan
07-27-2011, 02:21 AM
There is also the little store in Camp Scholler, near the entrance to the Fly-in Theater, that used to carry some of the older patches, pins, etc.

BeagleOne
07-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Thank you! I checked the Camp Scholler store last year with no luck but will try again! Will also check out the Museum surplus store. Thanks again!

dclaxon
07-27-2011, 03:13 PM
They had quite a few in the Camp Scholler store Monday. I still need a few, but I don't remember which ones. (I think I got all the ones that were not sold out a few years ago.)

John
07-27-2011, 05:56 PM
I was able to find one of the 4 patches I need to complete my 22 years (so far) of OSH. Still missing 89, 92, 93.
I was able to buy some of the other missing patches from EAA a few years ago, but I can't remember if I bought them online, or by phone.

BeagleOne
07-28-2011, 11:20 PM
The artifact store had a couple patches that I needed, will check out the Camp Scholler store tomorrow. I need six of the 37 years I've attended. One is on eBay so if I don't see that one at the Camp store I'll buy that one.

Now to petition for the Eisenhower jackets! :)

JIM BAUMANN
08-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I want to be #1 on the Petition to bring back the blue & white EAA Jackets. The "Heritage" patches this year were wonderful to have available...now give us the "Heritage" jackets so us older members can again enjoy a jacket that means so much to us...although we out-grew our originals! ;)

BeagleOne
08-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Anyone know how to start a jacket petition? One of the volunteers told me that the "Eisenhower-type" t-shirt from last year with the vertical stripe and the patch-shaped logos on it sold out very quickly. I bet there would be a market for the Eisenhower jackets...I'd probably buy two, one for sewing on patches and wearing at the airshow (if it's not too hot, ha ha) and one for more regular wear.

John
08-03-2011, 10:45 AM
With today's computer run embroidery, I wonder if they should look at doing short runs of the old patches also. There is no reason to have big production runs anymore with today's CNC emobroidery machines. Heck, for all I know, EAA could have their own machine to run small lots of different patches.