View Full Version : For Sale - Used Nav/Comm Equipment

rock4evr
02-12-2012, 10:47 AM
For Sale - Used Navigation/Communication Equipment

KX-175B Nav/Comm with MAC 1700 digital flip-flop faceplate

KN-75 glideslope receiver

KI-209 VOR/LOC/GS indicator

Wiring harnesses included

Equipment works great. Removed due to an upgrade to a Garmin 430W.
Asking $1300 for everything (plus shipping & insurance).
Located in NE Indiana. Contact Kevin Stahl (kastahl@gmail.com) if interested.

Bill Greenwood
02-12-2012, 09:23 PM
The KX-175 B is one of the best nav coms ever made. Mr. king himself told me on the phone that he had no plans to ever discontinue production of that radio; but then he sold the company to Allied Signal, and they changed the lineup.
Nothing really wrong with the newer ones , but the almost bulletproof 175 was something one could rely on, and also you don't even need the electrics on to see what frequency is tuned in .

Just curious, do you have the original King faceplate and can it be readily converted back to original or is that gone forever?

rock4evr
02-13-2012, 06:32 AM
The KX-175 B is one of the best nav coms ever made. Mr. king himself told me on the phone that he had no plans to ever discontinue production of that radio; but then he sold the company to Allied Signal, and they changed the lineup.
Nothing really wrong with the newer ones , but the almost bulletproof 175 was something one could rely on, and also you don't even need the electrics on to see what frequency is tuned in .

Just curious, do you have the original King faceplate and can it be readily converted back to original or is that gone forever?

I do not have the original faceplate. This radio was installed before I bought into the plane so I don't know if previous owners added the MAC faceplate or if they bought it that way. Not sure how difficult it would be to convert back if you could get an original King faceplate. I liked the flip-flop capabilities the MAC faceplate provided.

Bill Greenwood
02-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks, Kevin. For someone who flies where they want to store and often change frequencies, like if you were in a TCA (class B) and flying IFR alot the Mac might be a good thing.
But it is easy to miss a digit when entering a new frequency on the small numbers of a MAC.
The 175 B has big bold numbers, and you change the numbers themselves directly, not through a computer. I don't recall ever missetting a 175 B.

rock4evr
03-13-2012, 06:01 PM
The equipment has been sold!