PDA

View Full Version : airshow announcer ?

iflyatiger
07-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Hello and thanks for all of the work put in to make this event what it is.. Is there a way to listen to the air show announcers when watching the live airshow cam ? I have the air boss audio from live atc but would like to hear the announcer. Thanks for any help.

Vance Lester
07-25-2011, 03:28 PM
You can hear the announcers on the EAA radio feed. If you get EAA radio from the airventure.org/live page you can listen to airboss and eaa radio at the same time.

spongebobiwan
07-25-2011, 03:30 PM
The airshow announcing is being broadcast on EAA Radio. Timing is slightly behind the video, but regardless, as far as EAA providing us with both nice video (from the tower, I think) and radio...it's a HIT!!

iflyatiger
07-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Thank you for your quick reply.. I will check it out right now.

iflyatiger
07-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Watching and listening now. It is great ! Thanks EAA and all volunteers ..

spongebobiwan
07-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Just a tip: In case you haven't do so already, once you get EAA Radio up and running, go back and put your video on full screen, grab your favorite beverage, then lean back in your chair and enjoy the show. :P

Adam Smith
07-25-2011, 03:42 PM
I am really happy with the video feed from the tower. Kudos to the team that worked on this, especially Paul Hayden & Discovery World who are providing the stream, and Tim Kramer who is doing an awesome job with the camera.

spongebobiwan
07-25-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree, Adam. It's really swell.

iflyatiger
07-25-2011, 03:49 PM
As far as the sync between sound and video. I was able to fast forward the video in the quicktime player. I think i moved it into the buffer and it is now much closer to being in sync. Just in case anybody else wants to give it a try.

Bob Collins
07-25-2011, 04:04 PM
You can also open up extra tabs on you browser and hear the airshow boss and the tower feeds too via liveatc.net (http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=kosh). Sensory overload, perhaps, but isn't that what Oshkosh is all about? ;)