PDA

View Full Version : Changes at EAA- effect on chapters?

Jeff Point
01-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Rod just did an interview at Sebring, where he touched on the recent changes at EAA. You can listen to it here:

http://www.avweb.com/podcast/podcast/AudioPodcast_USSportAviationExpo_RodHightower_2060 57-1.html?kw=AVwebAudio

One of the things that he mentioned was a renewed focus on the chapters. As a chapter leader, I am curious to know more about what changes he has in mind for the chapters. Can someone please enlighten us?

steveinindy
01-21-2012, 05:52 PM
I'd call him and ask if you're interested. He's a very easy going fellow and would probably be happy to explain his ideas and hear yours as well. If you don't have his cell number, as Chad Jensen on here. I know he has it.

Jeff Point
01-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks Steve. The reason I ask this question on a public forum is that I know the answer would be of interest not only to me, but to other chapter leaders/ members as well. This seems like the perfect forum in which to have this discussion.

Kyle Boatright
01-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks Steve. The reason I ask this question on a public forum is that I know the answer would be of interest not only to me, but to other chapter leaders/ members as well. This seems like the perfect forum in which to have this discussion.

I think it would be great if Rod participated in this forum, particularly on issues like these. He doesn't need to get into a back and forth with members, but many of the same issues are raised time and time again, and could be addressed once, rather than in dozens or hundreds of phone calls.

When AOPA was raked over the coals by AvWeb a year ago, that created a big furor at AOPA, and the president of the organization used AOPA's forums to address the issue.