PDA

View Full Version : Theater in the Woods live video link

spongebobiwan
07-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Did anybody have any success with the Theater in the Woods live link video on airventure.org/live? There is a program there tonight (Sunday) so I presumed the link would be live. Perhaps it isn't going live until tomorrow (Monday) evening's program.

NAA551WB
07-24-2011, 07:05 PM
If you go to EAA radio they have the programs streaming on there. I dont know about a video link though, sorry!

Vance Lester
07-24-2011, 07:07 PM
It is working for me.

spongebobiwan
07-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Hhmmm, weird. I'm able to view the other cams just fine. But as this one is being initially loaded by QuickTime Player, it says "FAATower", but then never successfully loads completely. I'll have to tinker with it. I just assumed it would work with the same methods as the other cams. I've tried both Safari and Firefox (using Flip4Mac to run QuickTime Player, of course).

Paul Hayden
07-24-2011, 07:56 PM
its the same as the other cams. try refeshing the page, Hal had to make a few changes to the page, you should not be seeing the FAA tower info...

and yes, I know the audio is way off.... sorry its on the to-do list.

FSMP
07-25-2011, 08:12 PM
EVening Theatre Cam was working on Monday evening, till the Oshkosh Mayor came on .. then it failed to all noise.
Came back for a few minutes later, but then went off .. been off for some time now.
At 9:11pm Central Time, still off.. so I assume there is a major tech issue.

Time for withdrawl !!

spongebobiwan
07-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Ahhh..okay. Glad it wasn't just me this time. :P Though I still had no success using Safari/Flip4Mac/QuickTime Player, I resorted to booting up Windows XP (as well as Windows 7) using Parallels on my Mac, then Internet Explorer. Even then, I still had only limited success. The video stalled constantly, then as in your case, just about the time the mayor of Oshkosh came up, it died completely.

The really weird thing is, I've had no problem running all the other cams; the 3 cams on the Wayfinding towers, as well as the cam on the FAA control tower for the airshow this afternoon. I've been able to view those cams at will. Only the Theater in the Woods do I have a problem with.

FSMP
07-26-2011, 06:14 AM
I've been able to view those cams at will. Only the Theater in the Woods do I have a problem with.

All the Video Cams seem to be broadcast in the same format, and come from the same Sponsoring Media Server. If one works for you, they all should. The "Theater in the Woods" video problems last night were not caused by any issue on your PC -- we all experienced the same video breakup.

I wonder how many were trying to watch it last night, and if too many potential viewers overloaded the system !

Geoff

Paul Hayden
07-26-2011, 07:08 AM
yes, same format, same media server, but the theater AV source fed to us is a little wonky resulting in the static.
Last night we also had a little DSL issue, which took us down for a little.

you don't have to worry about to many viewers...if the 210Mbps worth of airshow streaming didn't crash the server, TITW sure won't. :)

Fareed Guyot
07-26-2011, 07:46 AM
Those are some righteous stats!

dmbleess
07-26-2011, 07:01 PM
I only get it to work in MSIE. Firefox doesn't like that camera for some reason.

spongebobiwan
07-27-2011, 04:23 AM
In spite of my difficulties in figuring out a way to view Monday night's Theater in the Woods presentation, Tuesday evening I was able to view it without too much difficulty. Although, I still had the same problem Tuesday night that I did Monday night, of not being able to view it using he Safari/Flip4mac/QuickTime Player method (I'm on an iMac and the QuickTime Player window still came up black even though it works fine with all the other cams), I was however able to use Parallels to bring up Windows 7, and then Internet Explorer. The video feed ran fine for me for the entire duration of the evenings programs without a single hitch. It's just really strange how that one video feed won't work the normal way on my Mac in spite of all the other cams working just fine. I guess I'll just toss this one into my "things that make me scratch my head" bin. :P

Paul Hayden
07-27-2011, 03:16 PM
actually Macs have long been in the "things that make me scratch my head" bin :)

and thanks for the tech support assist Mr SquarepantsJedi :)