PDA

View Full Version : Tailwheel endorsement

weckles
01-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I am located in North Florida and I am looking for a flight instructor in the Jacksonville area that can give tailwheel instruction and endorse my logbook.:)

Bill Greenwood
01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't know about jacksonville, but there two at Winter Haven.
And a suggestion, if you are serious about the learning, get the training in something that you fly from the back seat, ie Cub, Stearman, or if a T-6 start in the back.
It will serve you well later, if and when you move on.
If you just want the sign off in a log book, you may find a Citabria or Supercub.

aerovest1
01-13-2012, 06:30 AM
I recently had a very nice experience picking up about three hours of refresher training at Flight Dynamics in Deland Florida- call Carolina and tell her I sent you-Doug Becker

iterk
01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
There are a couple of options in the Jacksonville area. Give Joel Weaner a call. He is an independant CFI that flys specialty flights (T/W) for a couple of folks. He has a Piper Vagabond that he occasionally uses and I am just finishing rebuilding his PA12 for banner towing and occasional T/W check outs. His number is 904 642-0721 or email at joel@beachbanners.com .

jedi
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
I am located in North Florida and I am looking for a flight instructor in the Jacksonville area that can give tailwheel instruction and endorse my logbook.:)

Will the training be in your aircraft? If so what make and model. It is best to get the training in the aircraft you will be flying if possible. As you know all tail wheels are not the same.

smutny
01-17-2012, 03:27 PM
There's a great instructor in Lake City, Daryl Hickman.

http://www.flyfloridanow.com