PDA

View Full Version : Ellison EFS-2 overhaul or ?

bwilson4web
12-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi,

My Dragonfly project came with an Ellison EFS-2 throttle body injector that hasn't flown in 20 years. I've sent a note to Ellison to see if they still do overhauls. But I notice there are alternatives. I'm just curious if there is a consensus about this part?

The Ellison web pages strongly discourage the use of auto-gas, something I'm not thrilled about but we have to deal with realities. I suspect the diaphram is the most critical part subject to auto-gas abuse. It would also be the part most likely needing to be replaced in a an overhaul . . . along with a through cleaning . . . especially in a chemical bath perhaps with ultrasonic agitation.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

bwilson4web
12-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi, My Dragonfly project came with an Ellison EFS-2 throttle body injector that hasn't flown in 20 years. I've sent a note to Ellison to see if they still do overhauls. But I notice there are alternatives. I'm just curious if there is a consensus about this part? The Ellison web pages strongly discourage the use of auto-gas, something I'm not thrilled about but we have to deal with realities. I suspect the diaphram is the most critical part subject to auto-gas abuse. It would also be the part most likely needing to be replaced in a an overhaul . . . along with a through cleaning . . . especially in a chemical bath perhaps with ultrasonic agitation. . . . Good news!
. . . We do still service the EFS-2 if the serial number is 1150 or higher. Lower serial numbers are obsolete units. We currently have a two week turn-around time. All work done in our shop is on a time plus material basis at $45 per hour. The overhaul would probably be around $300, depending on the condition. . . . Bob Wilson