PDA

View Full Version : iPad Issues

MickYoumans
12-21-2011, 11:46 AM
When trying to view past issues of "Sport Aviation" on my iPad from sportaviationonline, I see the icons for the back issues on the "View Other Issues" screen, but when I try to access them I get a "texterity - The document you are looking for cannot be found" message. Also, in the forum, many times people will post links to videos that don't show up on the iPad.

Do you have any idea what the problems are?

Jim Hann
05-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Hal,

I'm having an issue on the main eaa.org site with my iPad 3 using Safari. When I click on one of the drop down menus (like multimedia) it just goes to that page, I can't select an item on the menu. My iPhone4 doesn't do this and I don't think the display one @Best Buy did this either (of course I left it playing the AirVenture movie!). Any ideas?

Jim

Hal Bryan
05-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi Jim -

I'm seeing this same (mis)behavior on my iPad 2 and my iPhone 4 - is it possible that you're running different versions of IOS on the iPad vs. your iPhone?

Regardless, I'll try to dig into it further - that's frustrating.

Thanks -

Hal

EDGEFLY
05-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Jim & Hal,I just checked the problems you mentioned and I don't have them with my iPad. One thing that may be pertinent is the currency of your operating system. I just received a large update to the IOS on my iPad 2 two days ago. Just a guess, but maybe

Jim Hann
05-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Hal, you got it right. At the time I checked I was running 4.3.3 on the phone and 5.1 on the pad. Now with 5.1.1 on both they are exhibiting identical behavior. Love the iPad but frustrated with this. Thanks for checking into it.

Jim

Hal Bryan
05-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Hal, you got it right. At the time I checked I was running 4.3.3 on the phone and 5.1 on the pad. Now with 5.1.1 on both they are exhibiting identical behavior. Love the iPad but frustrated with this. Thanks for checking into it.
Jim

Jim & Hal,I just checked the problems you mentioned and I don't have them with my iPad. One thing that may be pertinent is the currency of your operating system. I just received a large update to the IOS on my iPad 2 two days ago. Just a guess, but maybe

That is frustrating and weird - I updated both my devices to 5.1.1 the day it was released, and I'm definitely seeing the problem now, and I'm quite sure I wasn't before.