PDA

View Full Version : Hal and the Frog

Anymouse
07-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Hal,

Not sure if you've noticed this yet, but whatever image you REALLY want to post ain't coming through...

http://eaaforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=36&d=1311361799

Adam Smith
07-22-2011, 01:29 PM
No, he does actually look like that

Hal Bryan
07-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Wow ... that's spectacular...!

I wish I could say Adam was wrong, but it's true: I'm actually just a frog in an ice cube...

Chad Jensen
07-22-2011, 03:46 PM
:D:D:D I can't imagine that works all too well in these temps!

Barren
07-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Just got signed up, Hal... loving the speed of the vBulletin forums! I knew I was right when I said it was the way to go four years ago.. ;)

edit: It's Adam S. btw.

Jim Hann
08-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Hal,

How do we upload a picture in our signature so we can be cool like you?

Jim

Hal Bryan
08-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Hal,

How do we upload a picture in our signature so we can be cool like you?

Jim

Jim -

I'm not sure that I want to take the responsibility for helping anyone be "cool" like me ... ;)

But, to upload a signature image, just click "Settings" (at the top right, next to the "log out" link) then look for the "Edit Signature" link on the left side. Click that, and you'll see an option to upload or point to the address of an image file. Once it's uploaded, be sure to drag it into the box where you edit the signature ... I stumbled on that step when I was first playing with it.

- Hal

AllenR
08-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Hal-
Your image in your signature is neat and your instructions are clear but alas, my permission for adding an image to my signature is set to "NO". :(

Jim -

I'm not sure that I want to take the responsibility for helping anyone be "cool" like me ... ;)

But, to upload a signature image, just click "Settings" (at the top right, next to the "log out" link) then look for the "Edit Signature" link on the left side. Click that, and you'll see an option to upload or point to the address of an image file. Once it's uploaded, be sure to drag it into the box where you edit the signature ... I stumbled on that step when I was first playing with it.

- Hal

Jim Hann
08-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Hal,

I can't find a button for uploading an image to my signature. I also noticed in the box below the editing window where it tells you what you can do it says:
Can Upload Images for Signature No

I'd take a screenshot of it, but I can't remember how to do that. So I guess I can't, at least for now.

Jim

Hal Bryan
08-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Jim -

Well that's embarassing ...!

I'll look at that first thing tomorrow nd see if I can get that straightened out.

Sorry for the wild goose chase!

- Hal

Hal Bryan
08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Actually ... I might have just found and fixed it. Give it a try Jim (or anyone ...) and let me know.

Thanks!

Hal

Eric Page
08-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I didn't actually do it, but it says I can.

Jim Hann
08-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Actually ... I might have just found and fixed it. Give it a try Jim (or anyone ...) and let me know.

Thanks!

Hal

Hal,

I tried to get it to work. I couldn't get it to upload a picture either way in IE9, so I jumped over to Chrome. It uploaded (or pointed) just fine, but as much as I dragged the pic, it kept converting it to a hyperlink instead of actually posting the picture. I also tried the "insert signature picture" button, but that didn't appear to do anything at all. I'll leave my signature with the link in it, so you can see what is happening. I tried looking at the source code of yours vs. mine and I can see a difference, but that is the limit of my http reading abilities!

Right now it is way past my bed time (I work nights), so I'm shutting down for now. I'll look again tonight. Thanks again for all the work you do!

Jim

Hal Bryan
08-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Ah hah!

Found it!

There were two settings that had to be changed. First, the one that allows you to upload the image ... and then the one that allows you to actually display it.

:)

AllenR
08-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Woo Hoo! It works! Very cool, thanks Hal.

Jim Hann
08-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Cool Hal! Thanks for the effort. If I make it to Hops and Props, I'll try to say hello in person.

Hal Bryan
08-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Glad to help - we're lucky to have you guys beating the bushes and helping us chase down things like this that need to be tweaked!

Hope to see you at H&P!