PDA

View Full Version : Can’t buy Solidworks3D through EAA

tanery
12-11-2021, 07:21 AM
I’ve been using the free educational version of solidworks since EAA offered it as a benefit. Yesterday I tried to upgrade to the Solidworks3D experience following the instructions. The link did bring me to the purchase page, with the correct EAA price, but when I click on view shopping cart, I’m brought to an empty page. If I refresh the empty page, I’m presented with a notification that the store is down for maintenance and to try again later. This has been the case for a while.

Has anyone successfully purchased it recently or know how long the site will be down?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

rkirk77
12-12-2021, 12:33 PM
I did the same and am having the same issues.

I am going to call them tomorrow and ask what's going on.

aftCG
12-13-2021, 10:15 AM
I got it done last night. It doesn't go exactly the way it says on the EAA instructions but they took my money and sent me the links for installation. I didn't do it yet because I wanted to make sure it won't overwrite the models I have done in the student version, and that it will be able to open them. I just now went through the "makers support" and it seems I'll be okay. I'm still going to back up my models just in case.

rkirk77
12-13-2021, 01:14 PM
I have a solution for you guys.

https://www.solidworks.com/product/students

You can get it for $100 if you click on the "Solidworks Student Edition" on the left side of the bottom page.